Housekeeping Recognition Tips
Recognize Your Kings and Queens of Clean! Use the ideas below to recognize your Housekeeping superstars. Got an idea of your own that you’ve used before? Send it our way so we can add to the list and share with your peers across Hilton.
For additional Housekeeping recognition ideas, click here and select your brand under the “101 Best Practices” button in the upper right-hand corner.
- Towel Circus. Hold a towel animal folding class for your Housekeeping team. Have Team Members (and guests) vote on the winners. Find out how.
- Picture This. Download the Team Photo Frame and spotlight different Housekeepers each day during the week or month. Click here and select your brand under the “Housekeeping Materials” button at the top of the page.
- Cart Art. Decorate Housekeeping carts with balloons, crepe paper, and notes of thanks. Or have Housekeepers compete to create the best cart.
- Bed Making Contest. Have a contest to see who makes beds to brand standard the fastest. Next, try it blindfolded!
- Hand Out Recognition. Treat your Housekeeping team to a manicure.
- Housekeeping Fun Facts. Calculate the number of beds made, square footage cleaned, and more. Print and present! Click here and select your brand under the “Housekeeping Materials” button at the top of the page.
- Housekeeping Trophy. Paint a dustpan gold to create a traveling trophy for your Housekeeping team. Or, mix things up and use a towel with gold embroidery.
- Go Around the World. At many hotels, Housekeepers represent diverse nationalities. Hold a potluck and celebrate your cultural diversity.
- Create a Happy Cart. Stock a Housekeeping cart with small gifts and treats. Have Managers deliver the goodies to the team.