Concierge Recognition Tips
Reserve Some Recognition for Your Concierge Team! Use the ideas below to recognize your Concierge superstars. Got an idea of your own that you've used before? Send it our way so we can add to the list and share with your peers across Hilton.
- Surprise Dinner. Make reservations for dinner with the Concierge… for the Concierge!
- Name that Site! Put a map on the wall and place pins at key attractions in your area. Have a contest to see which Concierge Team Member can identify the most sites while standing a few feet back. Or ask them to stand with their back to the map and give directions to popular destinations. Have a prize on hand for the winner.
- Concierge 101. Many hotels have a notebook of local restaurants and attractions. But how can a guest know what’s the best? Ask your entire team to compile a list of recommendations for things like best burger and best pizza. This will also give you a great idea for rewarding specific Team Members with gift cards to their own favorite places.
- Civic-Minded. Your Concierge is expected to know your town. Reward their knowledge of local attractions with a membership to a local zoo, museum, or other organization.
- Movie Break. In several shifts, give Team Members a break during the day to watch a movie featuring characters who work similar jobs. For instance, Concierge could watch Home Alone 2.
- Local Word Scramble. Take the names of popular local destinations and scramble them. Then have your concierges compete to see who can unscramble the names in the shortest amount of time. The winning Team Member gets to visit a destination of their choosing (restaurant, museum, theme park), courtesy of the hotel.