Van Drivers/Valets Recognition Tips
Drive Home Recognition for Your Van Drivers and Valets! Use the ideas below to recognize your Van Driver and Valet superstars. Got an idea of your own that you've used before? Send it our way so we can add to the list and share with your peers across Hilton.
- Key Notes. Leave a thank you note for your Valets in the key cabinet while they’re away. If you have a Van Driver, attach a thank you note to the van keys, and watch their face light up next time they pull them out.
- Going the Extra Miles. How many miles will your hotel’s Van Drivers put in this month? Have a contest to see who can guess. At the end of the month, read the odometer and have a prize for the person who came closest!
- Driven to Serve. Reward your Van Drivers and Valets with a gas card for their personal use. With today’s high gas prices, it’s a token of appreciation they’re sure to use!
- Care for Cars. Your Valets and Van Drivers take care of hotel vehicles. Show your appreciation by giving them their own private parking space for the entire month, or a certificate for a free car wash or oil change. If they don’t have a car, purchase a transportation pass for them for the month!
- Time to Refuel. Your Van Drivers and Valets spend a lot of time outside and on the road and away from water fountains, break rooms, and other things we take for granted. Make sure they keep refreshed by giving them a supply of bottled water or other beverages to get them through the workday.
- Give ’em a Ticket. For your Van Drivers and Valets — and even the Bell team, who push luggage carts — show your appreciation by issuing a ticket (to a movie or local sports event).
- Movie Break. In several shifts, give Team Members a break during the day to watch a movie featuring characters who work similar jobs. Drivers could watch The Wedding Singer.
- Pylon the Praise. Let your Valets or Van Drivers know they’re doing a great job, with their own orange traffic cone signed by the team!