Sales & Marketing Recognition Tips
Pitch Appreciation to Sales & Marketing! Use the ideas below to recognize your Sales & Marketing superstars. Got an idea of your own that you've used before? Send it our way so we can add to the list and share with your peers across Hilton.
- Client Tie-Ins. Next time your Sales team lands a big account, recognize them with a prize that ties in to that industry. For example, if it’s an auto parts manufacturer, give them a toy car with a note of appreciation. Or if it’s a restaurant chain headquarters, a gift card to that restaurant chain.
- Searchin’ for Sales. Who are your largest accounts or your biggest events? Build a simple sales-themed word search puzzle.
- Sweetest Superheroes. Recognize your Sales & Marketing superheroes with superhero lollipops. See how easy they are to make.
- Take a Memo! Your Sales team spends a lot of time out of the office on new business calls. Leave a custom Hilton Worldwide While You Were Out message using the attached PDF. Simply download the PDF, print, and jot down a few words of appreciation.
- Reach for the Stars. Create a list of local “Star Accounts” that you want to get at your hotel. When your Sales team books someone from a Star Account, give them a suitable “Star” reward — such as a Starbucks gift card, movie tickets, or even dinner at a 5-star restaurant.
- The Voice of Appreciation! Sales, Marketing and Reservations teams all share one thing: the phone is central to their work. Throughout this month, get various managers to leave a message of appreciation in their voicemail, waiting for them when they come into work!
- The Price is Right! Increase your team’s awareness of how valuable your Sales team’s big accounts are to your hotel. Get a poster board and list your hotel’s last 3-5 events, and see who can come the closest to guessing the total revenues they brought in! Or pick your top guests and guess their annual bookings.
- Lead List Lotto. Have a quarterly promotion for all Team Members. Whoever turns in the most leads to the Sales department wins a gift card or other prize.
- Networking 101. Call a few sister hotels in your area and arrange a networking party for your Sales teams. Give them a half-day of exchanging best practices, exploring possible leads and referrals, and getting to know other Sales people that can become valuable professional contacts.
- Get Out of Sales Free! Play a game of Monopoly with your team and give your Sales team the chance to be the “buyers” for a couple of hours.
- Thank You for “Raising our Sails.” Try having a sailing-themed party for your Sales team. You could have a cake with a sailboat on it. Or you could post paper sailboats on a bulletin board and have Team Members from other departments write notes of appreciation on them.
- Full House. Next time your Sales team books an account that fills up your hotel, recognize them with an informal Poker Tournament. Deal each Team Member a poker hand from a deck of cards — and have prizes for the top three hands. For smaller hotels, deal a hand for each department and get the entire hotel involved.
- SOLD on You. For your Sales & Marketing Team Members who deserve special recognition, create a poster that incorporates a SOLD sign and the recipient’s photo with the words “We’re SOLD on you!” Underneath, highlight the individual’s recent accomplishments for all to see.
- Five to Help You Thrive. What are your best Sales & Marketing tactics? Ask each Team Member for their most successful tips, and then develop a list of the five best ideas (or more) to share with the team.