Safety & Security Recognition Tips
Shine a Light on Safety & Security! Use the ideas below to recognize your Safety & Security superstars. Got an idea of your own that you've used before? Send it our way so we can add to the list and share with your peers across Hilton.
- Play Safety Bingo. You can find rules and bingo cards online. Already playing? Try doubling the prizes during June.
- Create a Safety & Security Trophy. Spray-paint a padlock gold, and mount it to an award plaque to recognize a special member of your Safety & Security team.
- Emergency Recognition. Get a small first-aid kit and stock it with energy bars, candy, and other treats to recognize Team Members who are ready to respond to any emergency.
- Safety Patrol. Divide your hotel staff into teams. Assign each team to a different public area of the hotel. Have a contest to see who can come up with the most safety improvements in that area or spot the most potential risks, and have a prize for the team that comes up with the best idea.
- Recognize Your Secret Police! In many hotels, safety and security may be handled by someone with a different job title, such as GM, HR, AGM, chief engineer or all of the above. Make sure you recognize all of your hotel’s security Team Members!
- Lifesaver Award! Has someone on your team taken the time to get CPR certification? Recognize him or her by calling attention to them in your next all-hands meeting. It’s also a great way to make sure all recent hires know to whom to turn in an emergency!
- Summer Safety Tune-Up. There’s always a potential for accidents at the pool or on the grounds. Have a contest to see which of your Team Members can come up with the best idea for making the property safer for guests.
- Safety Month! Challenge your team to an accident-free month. Put aside a small amount of money each week for as long as your team remains accident-free. If your reach a goal without an accident, use the money for a team celebration!
- For Those Who Are Always There in a Flash. A reliable Team Member can always use a reliable flashlight. Thank those that you depend on with a pocket flashlight and a note that says “You really shine at our hotel!”
- Put Fun on the Weather Radar. Divide your Team Members into two teams — “Tornadoes” and “Hurricanes” — and have them challenge each other in contests. Ideas include trivia about hotel policies for handling natural disasters and traditional outdoor games like horseshoes.