Laundry-Linen Recognition Tips
Make a Splash with Your Laundry-Linen Team! Use the ideas below to recognize your Laundry-Linen superstars. Got an idea of your own that you've used before? Send it our way so we can add to the list and share with your peers across Hilton.
- Wreaths from Sheets. Make a wreath of appreciation for your Laundry-Linen team from recycled linens. Find out how.
- Bright and Early. Surprise your Laundry-Linen team with fresh coffee and pastries this morning!
- Heavy-Duty Laundry. Here’s a way to show your entire hotel how hard the laundry team works: Hold a contest to guess how many pounds of towels and sheets they clean in a month. Have a prize for the Team Member that has the nearest guess. To find the answer, weigh a linen and towel set for an average room and multiply it by room nights that you sell that month.
- Throw a Suds Party. Provide ice cream floats and bottles of blow bubbles.
- Sweet Sheets. Ask coworkers to sign a bed sheet with notes of appreciation. Hang it in the Laundry area.
- Cross the Line. String a clothesline across the Laundry room. Use clothespins to attach sheets of paper with the letters T-H-A-N-K-S.
- Towel Test. See who can properly fold 10 bath towels in the least amount of time. Invite other departments to participate!
- Trading Spaces. During this month, have each Team Member spend time helping out in a department other than their own — with a particular emphasis on Laundry-Linen. Have each Manager or Department Supervisor master the art of folding towels and fitted sheets!
- The Gift of Giving. Show special thanks to your Laundry-Linen team by letting them select a charity to donate gently used towels and linens to. Come up with a list of possible recipients in your area, such as shelters, animal rescue groups, and other organizations, and let them decide the ones they’d like to help.
- Your Brand of Winner. Create a poster highlighting individuals’ achievements using popular detergent brand names. For example, recognize those who “Help the hotel GAIN recognition,” “Turn the TIDE toward better service,” are “BOLD about doing a great job,” or “Bring CHEER to others.”
- Put it All on the Line. In a break area or in the laundry room, string up a clothesline with envelopes pinned to it—each featuring a Team Member’s name. They could include simple thank you cards or gift cards to show how much you appreciate “hanging with” your crew!