Front Desk Recognition Tips
Hurrah for Front Desk! Use the ideas below to recognize your Front Desk superstars. Got an idea of your own that you've used before? Send it our way so we can add to the list and share with your peers across Hilton.
- With Honors. Have a contest to see who can enroll the most HHonors guests. "HHonor" the winner at the end of the month.
- Don’t Forget Your Night Team. Leave hidden treats and thank you notes for your night team.
- Location Bingo. Challenge your Front Desk team to see who can check in guests from the most states, provinces, or countries.
- Do You Know Your Way Around the Lobby? Log in to the Lobby, and hold a scavenger hunt for your Front Desk team. Challenge them to find specific items on the site.
- Top 100 Perks. Challenge your Front Desk team and other Team Members to come up with new ways to recognize “Top 100” guests: A “Guest of the Day” program. A signed thank you note from the team after each stay. A bottle of water with a personalized label.
- Perfect 10. Gather all of the comment cards that included a perfect 10 for “speed and efficiency of check-in,” “use of name,” or “helpfulness of Front Desk.” Identify the Front Desk agent who checked that guest in. That person gets one point for each 10. At the end of the month, tabulate the results. The Team Member with the highest score wins!
- Super Room Service. Divide up the rooms in your hotel, giving each Front Desk Team Member certain rooms that they “own” for that week. Then see who can generate the most comment cards from their rooms by being extra-attentive and delivering unexpected hospitality to their guests for a specific week. Have a prize for the winner.
- Guest Scavenger Hunt. Set up a list of guest descriptions for your Front Desk team and give them a set time to find a guest who fits each description. For example: a guest who traveled more than 500 miles to get here or a guest who has two children. This will encourage Team Members to engage in conversation with guests in order to get to know them better, and it wouldn’t be surprising to see Friendliness scores skyrocket!
- Go For Gold. Create a traveling trophy for your Front Desk team using an inexpensive service bell. Affix it to a plaque or paint it gold to recognize Gold Medal hospitality.