Food & Beverage Recognition Tips
Serve Up Some Recognition for Food & Beverage! Use the ideas below to recognize your Food & Beverage superstars. Got an idea of your own that you've used before? Send it our way so we can add to the list and share with your peers across Hilton.
- Foodservice Olympics! Host an hour of fun and games featuring food-related activities. Suggested contests: Hold an egg race. See who can stack the tallest tower of single-serve cereal boxes. A “pass the orange under the chin” race. An egg toss, to see which team of two can toss and catch an egg from the furthest distance without breaking. Have a Soup, Spoon, Napkin tournament. Invite Team Members from other departments to join in the fun.
- More Foodservice Olympics ideas:
- Have a Doughnut Dash.
- Have Team Members race to transport the most donut holes across the room using only their mouths.
- Have Team Members throw Goldfish crackers from across the room to their partners, who must catch as many as they can in a cup.
- Bowling… with plastic bottles as pins and a grapefruit as a bowling ball.
- Iron Chef. Create teams, making sure no real cooks skew the results, and give each team 30 minutes to prepare a meal. The best meal wins.
- Mr. Potato Head. Using toothpicks and various small food items, have Team Members decorate potatoes to look like people.
- What’s the Special? Temporarily name dishes on your menu after F&B teammates, such as "Mary's Tortilla Soup" or "Josie's Waffle Station."
- Breakfast Box Award. Give a few impromptu awards over breakfast: A box of Cap’n Crunch for a Team Member who comes through in the crunch. A box of Honeycomb for the person with the sweetest disposition, or a box of Lucky Charms for someone you feel lucky to have on staff. Special K could be for the individual who is always full of energy. Customize for your country.
- Thanks, Chef! Buy a chef's hat or apron for each F&B Team Member. Invite others to write notes of thanks on them.
- Jump In. Have Managers spontaneously help serve breakfast or wash dishes for 15 minutes while your F&B Team Members take a break.
- Egg (or Ball) Maze. Move eggs through a maze of chairs (or just across the floor) and into the target area by fanning the eggs with an empty pizza box, plate or other flat objects.
- Stacking Apples. Stack several apples end on end to create a tower 4-5 apples high. The tower must remain standing for 3 seconds. This can be played with teams or individuals.
- Golden Tray Award. Do you have an F&B Team Member who continually excels? Spray paint a tray gold and award it monthly or quarterly to those providing outstanding service.
- Children’s Cuisine. Kids love creative snacks like “ants on a log” (celery, peanut butter, and raisins) and “edible dirt” (Oreo cookies, chocolate pudding, and gummy worms). Challenge your team to create a new snack with a fun name to serve to your youngest guests.